Please use the links below to jump to different sections on the same page.
Course Description and Prerequisites | Course Objectives | Time Expectation | Course Requisite Technical Skills | Textbooks and Materials | Course Grading | Course Policies | Student Rights & Responsibilities | Overview of Assignments | Taking Proctored Assessments | Your Email Account | Student Resources | | Accommodation Policy and Statements | NOVA Online Policies and Procedures | Course Summary (Assignment Schedule and Critical Dates)
Course Title: ITP 170 - Project Management (3 credits)
Semester: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Faculty: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Print Syllabus: You may use the Print feature of your browser to print out the syllabus or save it as a PDF document.
Course Description and Prerequisites
In order to succeed in this online course, you must be comfortable working with technology. At a minimum, you must possess the following technical skills:
- Ability to use the Internet in an effective and efficient manner, including installation and management of browser plug-ins and add-ons.
- Basic knowledge about the operation of a computer, file management, and software installation.
- Working knowledge of the Canvas learning management system.
- Ability to proficiently search the web for information
- Ability to download and print information from websites
- Ability to download, view, and/or print PDF files
Textbooks and Materials
Acquiring Textbooks and Course Materials
Attendance Policy: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Late Work Policy: INSTRUCTORS WILL TYPE INFO HERE
Grading Turnaround Time:
All completed assignments will be graded no later than seven days after the due date, and sooner when possible.
Withdraw from the Course
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Overview of Assignments
There are 4 proctored online exams, each worth 100 points. Each exam contains 10 to 20 essay questions. All questions on the exams must be answered completely in order to receive credit for them. A review checklist for each exam can be found under the Modules, units 3, 5, 7 and 9. The following list summarizes the content covered in each exam:
- Exam 1 covers Chapters 1-4 from the Project Management for Mere Mortals text.
- Exam 2 covers Chapters 5, 9 and 10 from the Project Management for Mere Mortals text; and the Lynda.com Essential Training tutorial.
Exam 3 covers Chapters 6-8 and 11 from the Project Management for Mere Mortals text; and Lynda.com Essential Training tutorial.
- Exam 4 covers Chapters 12-14 from the Project Management for Mere Mortals text; and Lynda.com Essential Training tutorial.
With the exception of the final exam, you have the option to re-take one exam before the week the final exam is to be taken, provided all other coursework is up-to-date and has been accepted. This option may be of particular interest to anyone who has done poorly on an exam. Again, this does not apply to the final exam. Additionally, if this is something you decide to do, arrangements must be made before the final exam is due. (See the course schedule.) Also, you will need to wait at least two days before re-taking an exam. Notify me by email if you want to re-take an exam. Indicate in your email when you would like to re-take it. Once the exam has been re-taken, your grade for that attempt will stand as final for that exam. Requested days for re-taking an exam must not conflict with the Critical Dates.
Your Email Account
Accommodation Policy and Statements
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.